Job Title: HR Advisor
Salary: £30,507 - £32,878 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours)
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 16th August 2019
Are you an experienced HR professional looking for your next career move?
Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment?
If so, this could be the opportunity for you…
We are looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join our team to provide professional support, advice and guidance to managers and external customers. We are passionate about driving forward the HR Service to enable the delivery of high quality Council services in addition to providing commercially focussed HR services to external customers.
Provide support, advice and guidance to internal and external customers on people management best practice, change, policies and procedures and be actively involved in the development and review of Human Resources Policy and Procedures
- Advise internal and external customers on people management best practice, policies and procedures and ensure that we operate effective people management practices
- Prepare and deliver HR training sessions to internal and external customers
- Act as a facilitator for discussions aimed at resolving informal grievances
- Participate in internal hearings, appeals and employment tribunals as required
- Negotiate with Trades Unions representatives on individual case matters
- Participate in a 'Duty HR Advisor' rota
- Undertake commercial work for external customers as required such as HR investigations
- Contribute to the review and implementation of new Human Resources policies, procedures and guidance, being responsible for leading on specific areas of HR best practice
- Lead on and participate in Human Resources projects and working groups, including delivering change management activities and working with Business Partners to deliver restructuring activities
- Support colleagues across the Human Resources Team in coaching managers through people management processes and the introduction of a new culture for people management, where managers will be enabled and supported to fully embrace our people management role
- To coach and mentor HR team colleagues to assist in our development and to ensure consistency of advice is provided to our customers
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of employment legislation and case law and national changes to terms and conditions that affect the organisation or its external customers
- Level (RQF Level 6) qualification such as an Honours degree and HR qualification to CIPD Associate Level
- Experience of providing professional people management advice to a range of stakeholders
- Experience of striving for continuous improvement through efficient and effective use of resources
- Experience of managing or advising on organisational change
- Experience of providing commercial and creative solutions to problems to customers
- Experience of negotiation with Trade Unions
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across an organisation and with external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively in a clear and compelling way to different audiences either as individuals or in a group
- Ability to consult, influence and negotiate at all levels
- Project management skills
- Ability to develop and deliver training on people management related topics
- Report writing and oral presentation skills
Part-time hours and job-share arrangements would be considered.
Please note that this vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council's careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience and job titles of; Personnel Assistant, Personnel Administrator, Personnel Coordinator, HR Administrator, HR Graduate, Human Resources Business Partner, HR Advisor, Human Resources Coordinator, HR Assistant, Human Resources Analyst, Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources Advisor, Junior HR Officer, HR Admin, Human Recourses Advisor, Assistant HR Advisor, Human Resources Officer, HR Generalist, HR Officer, Human Resources, Human Resources Graduate, CIPD may be suitable for this role.
- HR Advisor
- HR Administrator
- HR Assistant
- Human Resources Business Partner
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Personnel Assistant
- HR Graduate
- Personnel Coordinator
- Human Resources Analyst
- Personnel Administrator
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'