Are you an experienced HR Advisor with a passion for ER, available for a Fixed Term role until the end of the year in Bristol?
Role: HR Advisor
Location: Bristol (North)
Type: Fixed Term Contract until December 2018
Salary: £28,900 per annum
Morgan Hunt are supporting a Bristol based Charity that supports people with Learning and Mental Health needs in recruiting for a HR Adviser.
The purpose of this role is to provide an employee relations service (including writing policies, case handling, investigations and compliance) to all levels of Operational Management throughout the organisation in order to ensure the organisation complies with employment law and best practice. You will be responsible for;
1. Effective case management of people related issues such as disciplinaries, performance management, sickness absence, employment tribunals, grievance and absence management.
2. Explaining and advising on all HR matters to non-HR people in a meaningful and workable way to underpin collaborative and constructive working (coaching Managers where appropriate) throughout.
3. To take an active part in the drafting, research, development and application of HR policies and procedures ensuring existing/new legislation is correctly reflected in HR documents and that Managers' are effectively supported to work with any changes.
4. To ensure that all HR systems and HR team outputs are maintained and presented in a consistently professional and appropriate manner and to support this with a positive, effective and professional personal communication style e.g. ensuring appropriate records of cases are organised and filed so that a complete history of a case is held.
5. To take an active part in the development and delivery of training/learning of relevant HR policies and practices to support Managers to effectively manage their staff in a fair and consistent way.
6. To attend meetings with a variety of management teams in order to understand the business needs of the services and to facilitate good communication.
7. To take a positive and active responsibility for your continuing professional and personal development and to support colleagues to do the same.
8. To take a supporting role in a project allocated in a given area ensuring the quality of the work is produced to a high standard and the objectives are met.
There will be a requirement to travel to other sites on a regular basis.
There will be a requirement for occasional travel to attend meetings with external partners.
- It would be desirable for the successful applicant to possess CIPD level 5 or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of coaching managers in the interpretation of policies
- Experience of providing HR advice and support to a busy and diverse management workforce
- Sound understanding of HR policies and procedures and employment legislation with proven ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways.
To find out more about this role or to apply now, please contact Natanya in the Bristol Morgan Hunt office.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job