We are recruiting for a Payroll Administrator to process and administer all aspects of payroll and pensions on behalf of the Business (circa 6,000 employees). In this roll you will be ensuring the monthly payroll is processed in line with company timescales, providing a customer focused service which supports the long term vision of the People Hub, ensuring that customer expectations are met and maintained in line with service level agreements
What you will be doing:
- Process, administer and input information for all aspects of the payroll to Bacs creation;
- Effectively manage all workload for an allocated area of the business which includes the processing of New Starters, Employment and Personal Changes, Ad-Hoc Payments
- Deductions and all Termination related payments and processes;
- Administer a variety of company pension schemes, which include NHS, My Civil Service Pension, LGPS and a range of current and historic Defined Benefit and Defined contribution schemes;
- Administer Auto-Enrolment payments and ensure any pension contribution changes are processed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensure all company benefit data is calculated and processed correctly which includes payments of holiday pay and a wide range of flexible benefits across salary sacrifice and non-salary sacrifice schemes;
- Ensure that payroll data is accurate and maintained, attention to detail is key;
- Collate and load absence data to ensure that statutory payments are made in line with HMRC guidelines;
- Ensure close working relationships with all teams within the People Hub;
- Provide a pro-active and positive customer service to support the overall service level agreements and customer expectations;
- Effectively balance all aspects of Payroll Administration with high standards of customer service;
- Effectively and positively deal with queries from Managers and Employees in relation to payroll matters - these will be escalated from the HR Customer Services Team through an internal case management system;
- Action and input all legislative documents for payroll, where relevant (or ensure that the EDI process is run), including P6, P45, P46, court orders, tax credits, student loans;
- Ability to complete all requests for information such as mortgage requests, DSS etc, in an accurate and timely manner;
- Any other tasks as allocated by the Payroll Manager or Payroll Senior Lead Manager to ensure the smooth delivery of payroll to our customer base;
- Issuing of ad-hoc letters - high level of literacy and written communication;
- Ad-hoc involvement in Project work as required which may include TUPE
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience of processing payroll related information and inputting to payroll systems on a large scale with multiple demands
- Knowledge of payroll and pension administration processes and procedures
- Knowledge of up to date statutory and legislative regulations in relation to payroll such as Tax and NI, Maternity pay etc
- High levels of numeracy and literacy, at least to an A or B GCSE pass grade.
- Must have a strong level of computer literacy including use of Excel spreadsheets, preparation of letters using MS Office Applications, data input to payroll systems, use of reporting tools and Email usage. An intermediate level of IT application usage will be required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels
- A very positive and pro-active approach to customer service - previous experience within a customer facing role will be essential
- Must be a team player and have a supportive attitude to colleagues
- Excellent time management and able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
It would be great if you had:
CIPP or equivalent
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type Full-time Permanent
Location Stockton on Tees
Internal Recruiter Annecia
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
Sopra Steria, is a European leader in consulting, digital services and software development, help clients drive their digital transformation to obtain tangible and sustainable benefits. We provide end-to-end solutions to make large companies and organisations be more competitive by combining in-depth knowledge of a wide range of business sectors and innovative technologies with a fully collaborative approach. Sopra Steria places people at the heart of everything it does and is committed to making the most of digital technology to build a positive future for its clients.
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and are striving to become a more diverse organisation. We welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'