Human Resources Administrator
A fantastic opportunity is currently available for an experienced HR Administrator to join a Company based in Chichester. The Company is experiencing a very exciting period of growth and has great plans for the future.
You will assist the HR Manager in the smooth running of the Human Resources function. Ensure that the department provides the highest possible level of assistance to internal and external customers, acting as the first point of contact for all HR enquiries.
- Administer new starter / leaver processes including all documentation, on-boarding processes and exit interviews.
- Maintain and update electronic and hard copy HR record systems containing all employment-related information including absence, holidays, starters and leavers, benefits and equality and diversity.
- Provide all training administration including booking venues, liaising with course providers and attendees and maintaining training records.
- Prepare all letters or contracts for any changes to employee terms and conditions e.g. flexible working.
- Handle maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave and parental leave administration processes and ensure that associated payroll processes are completed.
- Prepare, as required, management reports on employee-related data to assist with the management and development of staff.
- In the absence of the HR Manager, to escalate issues of concern to the appropriate senior manager.
Recruitment, selection and on-boarding:
- Provide administrative support to the recruitment process including:
- Placing of advertisements o Liaising with recruitment agencies
- Managing candidate correspondence including invitations to interview
- Acting as point of contact for any candidate queries during the recruitment and selection process
- Preparation of shortlisting and selection documentation for managers including printing / copying of interview forms
- Produce and issue all offer letters and employee contracts
- Undertake all required pre-employment checks, updating and discussing with line manager as appropriate
- Ensure all new starter paperwork is completed and relevant information provided to Payroll and benefits providers for processing
- Provide line manager with induction templates and new starter checklist to ensure a smooth onboarding process for the new employee.
- Support the HR Manager with the development and implementation of projects.
- Provide information to the Payroll Department to ensure staff are paid correctly and on time.
- Respond to general queries from managers and employees, signposting them to the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to line managers in HR processes, including note taking at investigations or formal meetings.
- Maintain own CPD, keeping up to date with legal requirements and relevant HR developments.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to the Company and its staff and maintain compliance with GDPR.
Skills and Experience:
- Good general education with minimum GCSE C or equivalent in English and Maths
- CPP qualification / CIPD membership (or studying towards) is highly desirable
- Sound previous generalist experience of HR administration and collation of data for payroll
- Excellent verbal, written and numeracy skills
- Strong IT skills in Word, Excel and HR databases.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative within specified guidelines or processes
- Working Hours Mon to Thurs - 8:30 to 17:00. Fri – 8:30 to 16:00
- Salary in the range £18,000 to £24,000
- 33 Days Annual Holidays including Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme with Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme