PGL have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Manager to join the team at our activity centre in Shropshire Boreatton Park.
Reporting to the General Manager, the varied role of the HR Admin Manager is to provide comprehensive, effective and efficient support to the centre management team and centre staff.
Nestled in the Shropshire countryside, Boreatton Park is a 250 acre adventure paradise boasting excellent facilities and can accommodate 1000+ guests and 300+ staff, providing a fun a rewarding challenge for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and support to heads of departments and line managers to ensure the centre is meeting required employment legislation, HR policy and procedure and best practice;
- Devising and maintaining systems to keep accurate staff records and promoting effective staff management, including holiday, working time, absence etc;
- Direct Line management of the centre’s HR Coordinator;
- Overseeing the junior and senior staff arrival & induction process;
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of staff welfare (accommodation, uniform, medical etc);
- Ensuring essential HR/Admin tasks are carried out using correct recording and reporting systems;
- Administering the centre payroll to ensure accurate wage distribution and budgetary coding;
- Supporting and assisting with all administrative functions on centre to ensure effective systems are in place to best support the centre operation;
- Championing staff welfare and on centre provision for staff feedback;
- Working closely with a designated the Head Office Recruitment team to ensure establishment are accurate and filled;
- Pro-actively working with external bodies to promote local recruitment for all departments;
- Undertaking an Emergency Support Manager role, including evening cover.
We are looking for a professional, confident individual who has the ability to use their own initiative, uses a proactive approach and shows honesty, reliability and integrity in their work. The successful candidate must also have the ability to prioritise their own workload, work within deadlines, deal effectively with confidential information and have a flexible approach to working hours. Excellent administration experience, strong written and verbal communication skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is essential for this role.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'