Housing Support Worker - Wigan - Temporary On-Going
Your new company
I am currently working with one of the largest social housing providers to recruit a housing support officer on an on-going temporary contract.
Your new role
You will provide high quality keyworker support for customers through advocacy, 1-2-1 support and in group work settings to include life skills and independent living skills.
- Manage the referral and allocation process including risk assessments
- Interview applicants to produce support plans and risk assessments
- Liaise with key professionals such as Social Care Workers, Probation, Housing and Police to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the families residing at the scheme.
- Be a keyworker for all customers to identify and achieve outcomes based on the Support model, providing housing related support and advice to enable these outcomes to be achieved.
- Ensure the scheme adheres strictly to Child Protection and Family Action plans as agreed with Local Authority Lead Professionals.
- Minimise voids and arrears through keywork and against agreed performance indicators.
- Provide support with budgeting, welfare benefits and life skills to each customer on their allocated caseload.
- Conduct health and safety flat checks and raise any matters that may cause risk, harm or injury to themselves or others.
- Maintain accurate confidential and sensitive records
- Monitor and enforce the scheme tenancy conditions and house rules
- Liaise with Property Services and external contractors to ensure that repairs are reported and completed in a timely manner
Shift work on a 10 day rolling rota - work 2 x 12.5 hour day shifts followed by 2 x 12.5 hour waking night shifts then 6 days off. The 10 day rota rolls
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have experience as a housing support worker/support worker/domestic violence worker.
Be able to work shifts
Have a DBS on the update service or a DBS within the last 12 months, if not one can be provided for you.
What you'll get in return
An on-going temporary contract
Competitive pay rate
You will have a dedicated specialist social housing consultant who will support you throughout your assignment and will keep you up to date with other exciting job opportunities in the local area
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'