Interim Housing Support Worker (2 vacancies)
Recruitment Agency reference: 56590463
2 Housing Support Worker positions have arisen at a highly regarded charitable organisation in the Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire areas. These are interim assignments, expected to last a minimum of 3 months with the possibility of long term work.
Your duties will include:
- Manage case load of service users within a homelessness hostel
- Deliver emotional and life skills based support, assisting service users with day to day tasks
- Complete support plans and risk assessments with the service users
- Enforce tenancy conditions in line with procedures including low level Anti Social Behaviour and rent arrears
- Offer specialist knowledge and insight into rent arrears helping tenants to manage their budgets
- Carry out regular estate inspections
- Offer advice and assistance to tenants regarding their benefit entitlements
- Provide support and advice to tenants in relation to issues concerning their tenancies
- Manage void properties to ensure the quickest re-let times including carrying out viewings and sign-ups
Please note that these roles are 37 hours a week and include shift work including working 1 in 3 weekends.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience providing support in a similar role
- Knowledge of housing benefits (desirable)
- An enhanced DBS certificate from within the last 12 months
This would be an ideal role for a flexible and adaptable support worker with a passion for making a difference with homeless clients.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Grace Wood on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.