This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
They require some temporary administrative assistance commencing ideally 18th September for 6 weeks.
Undertake a range of customer-focused and office-based duties associated with the Housing team
To provide a range of excellent, customer–focused services to clients of the Housing service, including but not exclusive to;
1. Telephone and face-to-face advice on the range of housing options available to the client, including;
a. Access to the private rented sector
b. Access to the housing register, including the completion of housing register applications where
c. Access to other forms of housing, including;
i. Low cost home ownership
ii. Supported and specialist needs accommodation
iii. Emergency and short-term ‘crisis’ accommodation
2. Basic telephone and face-to-face advice on housing and welfare rights and responsibilities, including:
a. Landlord and tenant law, including illegal evictions
b. Relationship breakdown, including violent relationship breakdown
c. Welfare benefits and debt, including mortgage matters
3. To determine the circumstances of housing register applicants and to obtain any additional information from key agencies as required
4. To ensure that applications are correctly banded in accordance with the Housing Allocations Policy
5. To assist and advise customers who are experiencing difficulties in accessing and using the Key Select system
6. To work closely with Private Sector Housing team in order to ensure that allocations of housing are made in a way that minimises expenditure on Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs)
7. To assist with the required maintenance and administration of the housing register and Key Select system
8. To co-ordinate temporary accommodation bookings for homeless households. This includes working with clients to ensure that costs associated with bed and breakfast and temporary accommodation bookings are recuperated through housing benefit payments.
9. To undertake general office administration duties, including but not exclusive to:
a. The administration of financial transactions, including the processing of invoices and raising of purchase orders
b. General post duties, as and when required
c. ICT systems maintenance
10. To carry out duties from time to time as prescribed by the Team Leader
11. To comply with the council’s constitution and policies
Please apply online or contact Maxine or Andrea on 01603 616190 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job