Job Title: Housing Solutions Officer (3 Month Contract - at least)
Salary: £12.60 p/h
Working Week: 37 hours per week (flexible)
Sandwell Council are looking to recruit a friendly and approachable person to work with clients with multiple support needs, including clients that are street homeless and experiencing challenges such as substance misuse and mental health issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To take a full homeless application and undertake thorough investigations in accordance with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
- To carry out detailed enquiries on cases subject to statutory review proceedings.
- To prevent and relieve homelessness.
- To provide advice and assistance of a range of housing options.
- To undertake a holistic assessment of the client’s needs - working alongside partners and agencies to develop a suitable action plan to address these needs.
- To develop, update and review Personalised Housing Plans for customers in light of the Homeless Reduction Act following a detailed assessment.
- Work closely with clients with multiple, complex needs to develop a package of wrap-around support - and deliver this support in conjunction with specialist agencies and partners.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working within Housing Options and the wider housing and homelessness sector.
- Knowledge of the Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong tact.
- You must hold a full, valid UK Driving License.
Please submit your CV via the apply button and one of the team at HancoxRead Recruitment will be in touch.
- Mental Health
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'