Housing Solutions Officer
Looking to utilise your skills in a temporary role that has prospects of long term opportunities? As our clients first tier preferred supplier we have an opening for an experienced Housing Officer to deliver a professional and effective housing management service for a local public sector organisation.
In the role of Housing Solutions Officer Job, Conwy, North Wales you will be:
- Delivering services to households in housing need in compliance with the Housing (Wales) Act 2014 and Supporting People initiative
- Preventing homelessness though effective negotiation, advice, advocacy and support; liaising closely with other agencies
- Providing advice and information on housing options to the public
- Carrying out assessment of need. Devising support plans to prevent homelessness and producing and maintaining detailed case records
- Providing a home visiting service to eligible service users in order to give support and guidance, provide practical help and inspect living conditions
- Encouraging good working relationships with Private Sector Landlords
- Preparing and submitting all relevant documentation to the Legal Department in relation to reviews of homeless decisions, evictions from temporary accommodation, recovery of debts
- Attending and participating in regular Housing Solutions Team meetings
- Assisting service users in a sensitive way and in accordance with the Data Protection Act
To be considered for the Housing Solutions Officer Job, Conwy, North Wales you must have:
- Experience of working with homeless people
- Knowledge of housing legislation, housing issues, and homelessness legislation
- Relevant and appropriate experience of working within a housing management environment
- Experience in report writing
- IT literate with Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Good standard of education to A level or equivalent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure across all client groups, with good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Full driving license and car available for work use
- Current DBS
This is a temporary full time (30 to 37 hours per week Monday to Friday) position with an ASAP start for a temporary period of 12 weeks with prospects of long term opportunities. The hourly rate is £11.25 per hour plus any accrued holiday time whilst on the assignment.
By submitting your details in application for this vacancy you consent to receiving further relevant job search related information from Supertemps which you can unsubscribe from at any time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"