Are you an experienced Housing Solutions Officer who has worked for Local Authorities to prevent homelessness?
Due to the changes in Housing Legislation this Essex based Council needs experienced officers to join its front line team providing a vital advice service to applicants who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. You will use your existing knowledge and every available resource to tackle housing need and prevent homelessness in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
To be considered you must have:
- Experience of working in Housing Advice, Homelessness or Tenancy Relations.
- Experience of providing services to a diverse client group and managing difficult and vulnerable customers professionally and effectively, within the context of a front line customer focused service.
- Experience of working in confidential situations with an understanding of when & how to share sensitive information with customers and relevant agencies.
- Experience of homelessness and Housing Advice casework, file management and accurate recording of information.
- Experience of giving accurate and relevant information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge of current housing, immigration and related legislation, case law, policies and good practice (including HRA: Local Authority Housing Income and Expenditure)
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting the private rented sector e.g. overcrowding, different tenure types etc.
This is an immediate requirement, if you have the skills and experience detailed above please apply now.
Zoon Link is operating as an Employment Business for this opportunity