Duncan Lewis Solicitors are looking to expand its Housing and Property Litigation department by recruiting solicitors to work at our offices in London. We are looking for solicitors with a strong Housing and Property litigation background with at least 2 years post qualification experience. We are a Legal 500 & Chambers UK 2016 recognised firm, employing over 700 staff & Consultants across the UK.
The successful candidate will be joining an established department of 40 fee-earners firm wide. The department has recently experienced an increase in the volume of new client work.
This role will involve dealing with and supervising a broad range of Social Housing, Property, and Landlord and Tenant disputes. This will include possession proceedings, unlawful evictions, homelessness matters, property disputes and disrepair matters. The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with publicly funded as well as private matters. Experience in dealing with cases funded by way of alternative funding agreements such as conditional fee agreements will be helpful.
Key Skills Required:
- To have relevant housing law experience and have a passion for this area of work.
- The ability to manage a busy and varied workload, working independently and as part of a team.
- To have a good eye for detail
- The ability to take on a supervisory roll and manage and supervise Trainees and Paralegals will be an advantage.
- To demonstrate continuous professional development throughout your career.
- To demonstrate a broad range of experience in housing law, in respect of both publicly funded and private matters.
- Advocacy skills will be an advantage although not a necessity.
- Excellent IT skills
- Be professional, have a pro-active approach and excellent client care skills.
- The ideal candidate would be able spot opportunities for business development and the enhancement of the current services offer throughout the firm.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidate.
It is a requirement that candidates must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
For further information about Duncan Lewis visit our website.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCIES
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job