We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Service Manager to join our newly created Housing team at Avenues Group.
In this role you will manage our newly created Housing team and will be responsible for supported housing and housing management services.
You will as well provide high quality accommodation and housing services for our customers, which are delivered efficiently, effectively and safely, maximising income and meet our statutory obligations.
Due to the nature of this role it is essential to hold a valid driving license and have access to your own vehicle.
- Provide line management, support and guidance to the Housing Officer team
- To be responsible for the day to day delivery of housing management requirements across the group, specifically repairs and maintenance services, rental recovery and tenancy management issues
- To ensure that we meet our statutory obligations, meeting requirements for health and safety, building & equipment checks and regulations
- To act as a group resource on all housing related matters supporting the development of new services, and ensuring that processes are efficient and effective
- Act as the key liaison officer for our partner providers of housing and housing related services, supporting the development of effective relationships and ensuring that we meet the conditions and requirements of our housing contracts
- To lead the annual setting of rental charges across the organisation
- Produce regular reports for internal and external stakeholders as required, including partner housing providers, and Avenues management teams
- Delivering my responsibilities within the budgets that you will be given
- Providing maintenance services within the required timescales and at the required quality
- Minimising financial risk and loss through low levels of voids and arrears
- Meeting statutory and corporate responsibilities
- Feedback from your team that you are a supportive manager who helps them to be their best, regularly meeting with them to provide supervision and guidance
- Meeting the objectives that you agree with your manager
What knowledge and experience should you have?
- Experience supported housing, housing management, and asset maintenance
- Experience of working collaboratively with colleagues across a geographically dispersed organisation to deliver organisational objectives
- Experience of effective contract management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate improvements in services to customers, ensuring that these meet organisational and customer needs
- A contemporary understanding of the supported housing sector, relevant legislation and the housing and accommodation needs of people with complex needs
- Understanding of rent structuring and setting requirements, eligible activity, exemption, intensive housing management, local area housing allowance and pending changes to supported housing funding
- Knowledge of Local Authority, CQC and CCG requirements as they relate to building and property standards for people with complex needs
What skills and abilities will you need?
- Ability to Manage One’s Self
- Business and risk awareness
- Tenacity and an ability to get to the root of an issue and work with others to address it
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Developing and Managing Relationships and ability to negotiate and establish win/win outcomes, working in partnership with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Effective Management and Leadership
- Ability to set and manage budgets, ensuring that value for money is achieved
- Housing Management
- New Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job