Housing Project Manager - Cornwall Council
Duration:3 Months - likely to be extended to 6 months
Hours: 37 hour week
Scope: Inside IR-35
To support the Senior Project Manager and property Portfolio manager to deliver multiple construction projects, predominantly Housing Development. The Project Manager will provide support with the running of multiple projects on a day to day basis. Based in central office in Truro with occasional site visits.
- To lead and act as the Council’s Accountable Officer for individual allocated projects(or groups of projects including housing development sites and individual builds), being responsible for the project delivery and performance of external consultants, suppliers and contractors and internal staff resources.
- To be the principal interface between the internal client department/budget holder and the project delivery team, responsible and accountable for effective communication and co-ordination of the client requirements.
- To have expertise in the project management of built environment assets and to be the accountable person under the construction contract for the on-site delivery of the project;
- To support the client lead on the implementation of an effective communication strategy between the client, stakeholders, funders, budget holders, press, public and end users and the external project team.
- Responsible and accountable for the reporting of project progress, exception reporting and budget performance to the relevant Project Boards and/or accountable bodies.
- Responsible for the accurate programming of the project and the management of the accepted project programme.
- To represent Cornwall Council as the accountable body when dealing with external funding agencies and Government departments (usually in conjunction with the Client).
- To develop the strategic commissioning and procurement strategy for individual capital projects, being cognisant of project constraints and to implement the agreed strategy.
- As a project manager you will be a responsive to project requirements and be able to develop options to solve complex problems and make recommendations to the client on the best way forward.
- To manage the undertaking of comprehensive risk assessments across the range of allocated projects. Managing projects risks and issued throughout the lifetime of the project.
- A successful and demonstrable track record of successful capital project delivery across a wide range of construction related activity either in building (Housing Development), civil engineering or environmental engineering.
- Sound knowledge of the legislation relating to Construction Health & Safety, Contracts, project management and associated delivery processes.
- Demonstrable track record of risk management in the development and delivery of a construction related project
- An extremely good understanding and demonstrable experience of balancing the time, cost and quality parameters of a project commensurate to the ones applicable to this role and to ensure it is effectively delivered in accordance with the Project Mandate.
- A full understanding and demonstrable experience in the application of programme management, critical path activities, project milestones and the interlinking this has with an information required schedule.
- Construction related Degree or equivalent.
- Hold a current CSCS Manager and Professional level of site based accreditation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'