A superb opportunity for a Housing Paralegal with a view to offer a training contract
Our client, is currently recruiting for a full-time housing paralegal with a view to offer a training contract following 6 to 12 months of satisfactory employment.
The firm holds legal aid contracts to provide legal services in housing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A 2.1 degree in any subject, or a 2.2 degree in any subject and at least 3 A-levels at grades A to C;
- An LPC qualification;
- At least 8 months’ previous work experience in at least one area of housing law (for example, possession proceedings, homelessness, disrepair claims etc.);
- Previous experience of making legal aid applications or a willingness to learn about the same;
- Good attention to detail;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong IT skills, preferable with previous experience of using a case management system, working with scanned documents, etc; and
- Commercial awareness.
Candidates invited to interview will be expected to demonstrate that they possess all or most of the above.
Under Supervision of a Housing Solicitor, Housing Paralegal will be expected to-
- advise and assist tenants who are subject to possession proceedings or eviction
- advise and assist homeless applicants or those threatened with homelessness,
- advise and assist clients whose home is in a state of disrepair or presents a serious risk to their health and safety.
- advise and assist clientswho need protection from harassment by a neighbour/landlord or have been unlawfully evicted.
- advise and assist clients whose landlord or Local Authority is applying for a civil injunction, Community Protection Notice (CPN) or Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) for anti-social behaviour
The vacancy is for a full-time housing paralegal who may, after 6 to 12 months satisfactory employment, be offered a training contract.
Hours: Monday- Friday from 9am to 6pm.
Housing Law Paralegal Jobs, Property Paralegal, Housing Paralegal, Paralegal Housing jobs, Paralegal / Housing Adviser, Housing Litigation Paralegal, Housing Disrepair Paralegal, Housing Management Paralegal, Social Housing Paralegal, Housing / Community Care Paralegal, Paralegal - Housing, Development & Regeneration
Right & Square Recruitment is an employment agency and employment business
- Social Housing
- Housing Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'