Housing Options Officer
Housing Options Officer
Temp - 1 month, possibly longer
We are looking for a Housing Options Officer to work in Ashford. Your role will be to assist in the re-housing process. Your duties will include:
- Ensure a high quality housing options and advice service is given to Customers by responding effectively and efficiently to enquiries
- Maintain an on-going knowledge and understanding of relevant housing legislation and the Council's statutory duties and commitments in providing housing services to those who are, have been or are likely to become homeless
- Liaise with relevant statutory, voluntary, private sector and other agencies including team members and other service areas, in order to assist the Housing Options Team Leader to provide tailored solutions to identified customer housing needs
- Proactively identify the housing options available for the public to empower them to prevent homelessness.
- To give sympathetic, polite but objective attention/support to those seeking advice on housing matters and to give realistic advice and accurate information.
- Provide the first contact point for persons threatened with homelessness or requiring housing advice, ensuring accurate advice is given and all cases are prioritised appropriately
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date records of client's details through both manual and IT recording systems in order to produce accurate statistical reports and returns. Monitor own performance targets and evidence thorough casework
- To ensure that all claims are determined within the statutory time scales and provide applicants with excellent customer care and information, help and advice to resolve their housing situations as quickly and compassionately as possible
- Work collaboratively with the Homelessness Prevention Officer and Housing Accommodation team to support appropriate re-housing solutions for people in order to prevent homelessness or meet statutory housing duties
Experience in statutory homelessness assessments essential and a DBS check will also need to be carried out. Though not essential, access to your own transport is preferable.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, apply today. If successful, you would start immediately after an interview. While working for Office Angels you will receive up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) pension and additional benefits such as eye care vouchers, retail discounts and incentives/competitions.
By registering with Office Angels you will benefit from the support of a dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant, have access to various interviewing techniques and consistent feedback on all applications. This service is offered right through to the day you start your new role and beyond!
Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Housing Options Officer
- Homeless Reduction
"Office Assistant jobs in London"