Housing Options Officer
Housing Options Support Officer required to join a public sector organisation based in Leicestershire. My client is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Housing Options Officer to join their team on a full-time, ongoing basis.
As the Housing Options Officer you will be working with the Housing Options Team Leader providing proficient homelessness prevention, tenancy management and housing options services within the team. You will perform housing options officer duties associated with all service provisions within the team alongside other duties as below:
Key responsibilities of the Housing Options Officer:
- Working knowledge of up to date housing legislation in particular the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Providing triage service for residents requiring housing assistance including housing information and starting personalised housing plans
- Making assessments of housing needs and gaining the required information from residents to do so
- Providing advice and assistance to applicants to prevent homelessness including liaising with landlords, registering on the housing register, private renting options and liaising with housing providers to develop viable housing options
- Managing appointments calendars and inbox
- Liaising with relevant internal departments and external partner agencies
- Managing a small case load of tenancies who are experiencing difficulties in managing their tenancy
Required skills and experience of the Housing Options Officer:
- Knowledge of up to date housing legislation including the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Previous experience of working within a housing environment, specifically homelessness prevention, including tenancy management
- Experience of working with adults and children
- Proficient in the use of in house databases and MS Office packages
- Self motivated, driven and demonstrable strong people skills
- Possess a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Housing Options Officer role, please apply now, or contact Laura Smedley-Williams at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.
- "housing options"
- "housing needs"
- "homeless reduction act"
- "housing advisor"
- "homeless prevention"
- "homeless caseworker"
- "tenancy management"
- "tenancy sustainment"
- "housing legislation"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job