To prevent homelessness in the City by assisting customers to either retain their present accommodation or by the provision of an alternative housing resolution, and ensuring access to suitable housing for those in need in line with the Homelessness Strategy.
Responsibilities will be:
- To fully inform customers of the housing options available to them, and assist customers with a range of housing matters.
- To take a proactive approach to the prevention of homelessness.
- Provides front line services to customers, either face-to-face, over the telephone or home visits, sometimes in potentially conflict and sensitive situations.
- Produces written correspondence including investigating and responding to Councillor and MP enquiries.
- Investigates, assesses and advises clients on options open to them to retain existing accommodation or secure suitable re-housing with the aim to prevent homelessness.
- Undertakes assessments of applications for priority re-housing, relating to the prevention of homelessness.
- Significant experience of interviewing and advising members of the public.
- Academic qualification or work experience of one of the following: Homelessness prevention, tenancy relations, housing advice, housing management, welfare benefits, housing allocations, or other housing, legal or welfare issue.
- Ability to work independently to deadlines under pressure, be self motivated and prioritise a demanding and complex workload.
Must have made Section 184 Decisions.
Must have a valid Enhanced DBS.
This role will be initially for 4 months with a view to extend.
If you are interested, please send your CV's to or call for more information.
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit www.edenbrownsynergy.com
- Housing options
- homelessness prevention
- homelessness prevention officer
- Housing options officer
- section 184 decisions