Our client, a highly reputable Local Authority based in Gloucestershire, is currently recruiting for a Housing Options Officer on a temporary contract. The job, which is due to start a.s.a.p., is initially due to last for three months and will be for 37 hours per week. The rate for this position is negotiable depending upon experience.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Carrying out section 184 decisions with homelessness applications
* Arranging temporary emergency accommodation to those at risk of Homelessness before other accommodation can be organised
* Providing advice to tenants and individuals over the phone and face to face in regards to their housing situation
* Conduct all necessary background checks
* Providing homeless advice and referring to alternative teams, organisations and agencies to access further support
* Liaise with B&B’s, hostels and private accommodation
* Providing Welfare, Benefit and Debt advice to clients to sustain tenancy and prevent going into arrears
* Carry out all general administration duties - filing, photocopying, scanning, printing and typing letters
* Maintain records and accurate data entry onto the database
The successful candidate must have experience of completing Section 184 decisions in line with Homeless legislation.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
If you know of someone who might be interested in this position please pass on our contact details.
- Social Housing
- Housing Advice
- Housing Options
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job