Working on behalf of a local authority, Aatom Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for Homeless Prevention Caseworkers. This will initially be on a 2 monthly rolling basis.
- Impressive negotiation skills with experience assisting in the procurement of private sector properties
- Experience of building relationships with private sector landlords and/or accommodation/letting agents
- Ability to draw in private landlords to offer private tenancies for use in the Local Authority's private accommodation procurement scheme
- The ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with landlords, partners and customers at all levels and in a variety of situations.
- Experience of working in Property Procurement, Resettlement services or a Lettings Agency.
- Knowledge of the private rented sector, associated legislation, policy, tenancy related issues and best practice.
To provide an effective & responsive service to residents with a housing need by interviewing residents and investigating households circumstances in order to determine the best options and resources available on a case by case basis.
To carry and manage a case load, to work with individuals supporting and directing clients to access a broad range of housing options and where appropriate making relevant onward referrals and signpost to other services.
- People Management
- No direct supervisory responsibility however may be requirement to assist in induction and training of peers and new employees.
- Resident & Community Contribution
- To demonstrate understanding of the Council's Customer Care Standards and ensure that these standards are met in order to deliver the Council vision of 'putting our residents first'.
- To provide holistic, informed and accurate housing advice which is "right first time", to all approaches to the service.
- To support, coach and empower residents to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
- Operational Service Delivery
- To assess and determine applications from homeless households within the terms of part VII of the Housing Act 1996.
- To discharge the Council's statutory duty in investigating, assessing and determining applications from homeless households within the terms of part VII of the Housing Act 1996.
- To engage with relevant services in particular; Adult Social Care and Children's Services to deliver a seamless service.
- Service Planning & Development
- Maintain knowledge of the current Team Plan and understanding of own contribution in order to ensure delivery of this plan.
- Financial & Resource Management
- To demonstrate cost-consciousness and identify any cost effective changes to own way of working.
- Continuous Improvement
- To identify and suggest any improvements to current ways of working in order to deliver a more efficient and effective service for customers.
- To share information and consult with other services (particular reference to Adult Social Care & Children's services) in order to develop methods which will deliver the best outcome for clients and the council.
- Any role specific responsibilities.
- Council wide where appropriate in particular to engage with Adult Social Care and Children's Services to deliver a seamless service where appropriate.
- External: Including but not limited to; DWP; Rent Officers; Solicitors; Estate Agents; Accommodation Agencies; Housing Associations & RSLs; Probation Services; Voluntary Agencies; Hillingdon Law Centre; CABs; Health Care providers & PCT.
TO APPLY PLEASE FORWARD UPDATED CV IMMEDIATELY
- housing advice
- housing act
- homelessness prevention
- housing needs