Job in Housing based in Milton Keynes
£13- £17 PH
Our client based in Milton Keynes is looking to recruit a Housing Officer on a temporary basis to ensure that all Council housing is safe, habitable and well maintained whilst aiding customers to sustain their tenancies.
As the successful candidate you will be the lead professional to manage the tenancies and changes of tenancies, and the maintenance of the estates and blocks the residents live in. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Take or commission appropriate action to deal with estate, block and property matters, such as, disrepair, litter, and dumped rubbish etc.
- To deal with tenancy issues ensuring prompt tenancy changes such an Introductory to secure, introductory extensions, joint to sole and others.
- Carry out tenancy audits
- To liaise with estate based staff such as cleaners, caretakers, and maintenance contractors
- To deal effectively with nuisance or anti-social behaviour
- Support resident involvement, community development and crime reduction initiatives
- To maximise the collection of rent, arrears and other sources of income, both to help sustain tenancies and to maintain the viability of the Housing Revenue Account
The Housing Officer will have experience working within successions, joint to sole, sole to joint, hoarders, working with vulnerable individuals to provide support to tenants to enable them to sustain their tenancy in line with the tenancy agreement. If you have experience of the computer system Northgate this would also be very desirable.
Please send an updated CV [mailto:] alternatively call for more information
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job