Our client, a Housing Association who provide affordable homes and high quality support services, is currently recruiting for a Housing Officer on a temporary ongoing contract in Lancashire. The role is due to start immediately and will be for 21 hours per week (part-time). The salary for this role is competitive.
The ideal candidate must have experience of working in a social housing or customer services environment, with a proven track record of delivering excellent customer services.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Provide a high quality housing management service to tenants and residents within a defined neighbourhood; providing advice and taking responsibility for dealing with any enquiries, complaints, disputes and remedial action required in relation to tenancy breaches, rent collection and arrears recovery, lettings, tenancy management and any other neighbourhood matters
* Allocate properties and garages, undertake viewings and sign up new tenants
* Build strong and effective relationships with tenants and residents and networks with partner agencies and communities
* Ensure tenants understand and adhere to the terms of the tenancy agreement by promoting a positive payment and behaviour culture
* Investigate tenancy breaches, challenge unacceptable behaviour, agree remedial action, monitor compliance and take legal action, as required and in accordance with the relevant tenancy agreement, company procedures, statutory requirements and regulatory guidance
* Prepare and submit all necessary legal paperwork in accordance with relevant protocols and legislation.
* Provide evidence at Court and to Panel Hearings, including representing the company at Court suspension hearings as required. Manage Court Orders to ensure compliance, oversee evictions and assist the Court Bailiff to ensure vacant possession of properties
* Identify, support and make appropriate referrals to enable tenants to sustain their tenancies
*Identify, refer and work in partnership with other agencies to safeguard vulnerable adults, children, victims of crime and domestic abuse
* Lead and attend multi-agency panel meetings and take responsibility for delegated actions
* Attend Tenants and Residents / community meetings as required
* Contribute to the development and delivery of team plans, policies and procedures
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of James Andrews Recruitment Solutions who are operating as an employment agency and business. James Andrews Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Social Housing
- Tenancy Management
- Housing Officer