• To provide a first-class housing management service to social housing tenants in a mixed-purpose residential block. To support the Senior Housing Officer and Property Manager in their roles.
• Supporting the PM in sourcing appropriate tenants who are eligible for housing under LHA payment rules if on benefits or meet client’s criteria if a private tenant.
• Sign Up tenants and be the first point of contact for all residents
• Draw up contracts
• Register and de-register deposits
• Logging and reporting maintenance and anti-social behaviour issues to Building Manager
• Occasionally supporting maintenance with furniture removal and other heavy duty tasks
Housing Benefit/ Universal Credit
• A complete management service for all Universal Credit / Housing Benefit claims including
• Making claims
• Chasing tenants have been to appointments and handed in documentation,
• Chasing progress of claims,
• Logging all correspondence,
• Ensuring payment dates and amounts are accurate
• Logging schedules
• Stage 1 & 2 Complaints
• Sign post vulnerable tenants to appropriate support in the community to enable them to secure and maintain a tenancy.
• Act professionally and appropriately and remain calm under pressure in difficult and complex situations.
• Liaise with community organisations such as social services, mental health team, local councils, and support organisations.
• Update the system with tenant details
• Registering tenants with utilities such as electric, water and council tax
• Updating occupancy spreadsheets with tenant details
• Take in parcels and distribute to tenants
• Dealing with tenant enquiries
• Other ad hoc duties as and when required