Caridon Property are looking for a Housing Officer to join our rapidly expanding business. We are looking for someone who is Hard Working, deidicated and motivated. The Sucessul candidate must be proficent in Microsoft office and be professional and well spoken. If this sounds like you, please read below.
To provide a first-class housing management service to social housing tenants in a
mixed purpose residential block. To support the Senior Housing Officer and Property
Manager in their roles.
Duties of the role will include:
- Supporting the PM in sourcing appropriate tenants who are eligible for housing under LHA payment rules if on benefits or meet Caridon criteria if a private tenant.
- Sign Up tenants and be the first point of contact for all residents
- Draw up contracts
- Register and de-register deposits
- Logging and reporting maintenance and anti-social behaviour issues to Building Manager
- Occasionally supporting maintenance with furniture removal and other heavy duty tasks
- A complete management service for all Universal Credit / Housing Benefit claims including
- Making claims
- Chasing tenants have been to appointments and handed in documentation,
- Chasing progress of claims,
- Logging all correspondence,
- Ensuring payment dates and amounts are accurate
- Logging schedules
- Stage 1 & 2 Complaints
- Sign post vulnerable tenants to appropriate support in the community to enable them to secure and maintain a tenancy.
- Act professionally and appropriately and remain calm under pressure in difficult and complex situations.
- Liaise with community organisations such as social services, mental health team, local councils, and support organisations.
- Update Gemini with tenant details
- Registering tenants with utilities such as electric, water and council tax
- Updating occupancy spreadsheets with tenant details
- Take in parcels and distribute to tenants
- Dealing with tenant enquiries
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required
In addition Applicants must have the following attributes:
- Motivated, hard-working and ready to go the extra mile
- Professional and well spoken
- Well presented
- IT proficient (Knowledge of Microsoft Office and working with database systems)
Caridon Property are a fast growing, award winning property letting and management firm based in Croydon, South London. We own and manage over 1000 properties across London, Surrey, Sussex, Kent and Essex and are looking for enthusiastic hard working individuals to join our team who have a hunger to succeed.
Full time - 40 hours. Monday to Friday (with availability on weekends)
£18 - £20k