Housing Officer x 2
A large social housing provider are recruiting two permanent housing officers across two patches (1 covering the Bracknell area and 1 covering the Wokingham area) to manage and coordinate excellent housing and estate services and be the accountable customer facing representative of the organisation across all tenures including rented, shared ownership and leasehold customers.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
• Be the lead for tenant and resident associations and any other estate or block resident forum, coordinating the input and performance of other internal and external performance areas to deliver a satisfactory outcome for residents and the organisation.
• Represent the organisation at local meetings and events with customers and stakeholders
• Take the lead on managing the local environment, working with customers, contractors and stakeholders to ensure that the environment meets service standards and customer expectations
• Accountable for regular estate inspections and regular monitoring of service contracts including cleaning and grounds maintenance
• Building productive and positive relationships with the accountable people for the contract management in different areas of the business
• Report and monitor communal repairs reported during an estate inspection
• Manage parking issues
• Conduct non-technical, health and safety checks on a regular basis and report any failures through the designated system, ensuring that remedial works are subsequently carried out
• Manage complex tenancy and lease related issues, including succession, mutual exchange, assignment of tenancies
• Deal with service charge queries as required having a good local knowledge of the delivery of services and costs
• Take the lead on managing ASB cases in your assigned area, drawing in the support of the specialist Tenancy Enforcement team where needed
• Deliver a robust approach to tenancy and estate management, including a clear and decisive approach to tackling fraud and subletting
• Work with the central income team to manage arrears up to a defined limit including resident visits, referral to money advice and pre court action
• Ensure tenants and leaseholders comply with the terms of their tenancy and lease agreements, undertaking investigations for allegations of anti-social behaviour, and undertaking tenancy and lease enforcement through formal warnings and the legal systems where necessary, including preparing cases for presentation to court
• Conduct viewings of empty properties with new customers and complete new tenancy sign ups
• Carry out pre tenancy termination and mutual exchange visits for all properties in the area
• Conduct settling in visits to ensure the well-being of new customers and refer to internal support agencies
• Liaise with internal teams to promote the efficient management of empty properties
• Well-developed communication skills both written & verbal
• Experience of managing Leasehold & shared ownership tenures
• Knowledge of all housing and anti-social behaviour related legislation, including service charges
• Able to build and sustain working relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders inc residents & local authorities
• A proven record of delivering excellent customer focused services
• Good planning, organising and prioritisation skills
• Housing Management best practice
• Good IT skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'