Housing officer - Contract-Peckham-£18-£21phr
My High Profile Client is looking for a Housing officer to join a fast paced, warm and dynamic team on a FTC until October 2019 with view to extend from here. If you are looking for a local and new challenge this would be the team for you.
- Candidates need to have a Housing background with a Local Authority or Organisation.
- To provide a full range of advice on housing options including, but not limited to the private and public sector and ensure comprehensive homelessness prevention service.
- To provide an effective, professional homelessness service on behalf of the Council including assessment and investigation of homeless approaches and applications in line with the Councils’ statutory duties under Housing Act 1996 Part 7 as amended by Homelessness Reduction Act, Statutory guidance and relevant case law.
- To discuss, develop, assess and then update and review Personalised Housing Plans for customers on behalf of the council in light of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017(HRA). This Plan will ensure that homelessness is prevented or relieved through active engagement with council and private sector services.
- To support and coordinate support services and information to homeless people in temporary accommodation, and those threatened with homelessness to enable them to acquire accommodation in the private rented sector, to live independently and to maintain their tenancies.
- To assist in providing a high quality resettlement support service within the framework of departmental procedures, government guidelines.
- To undertake enquiries in order to undertake and notify customer of the relevant legal notifications in line with the HRA and any other relevant legislation.
- To reduce and/or minimise the use of temporary accommodation expenditure by ensuring that all other avenues are explored through prevention methods and /or making decisions on application in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the data input into IT system is accurate for the Council to report on Homelessness activity and effectively assist the government in its work to capture the true picture of homelessness and its impact on society.
- This position is fundamental to the provision of services to vulnerable customers who may approach the council for assistance through the relevant Childrens Act, the Care Act, and all relevant housing legislation including the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'