Job Title: Housing Needs Officer (3 Month Contract - at least)
Salary: £9.00 p/h
Location: Various (See Below)
Working Week: 7 Day Rota, Shifts Between 8am - 9:30pm
To provide a comprehensive Homeless & Pre-Tenancy service within any area of the city. Undertaking a full range of duties which will resolve a customer’s housing needs within a multi-disciplinary problem solving Homeless & Pre-Tenancy Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide high quality housing advice and support services to customers, ensuring that their needs are met and expectations managed, wherever practicable.
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are adhered to and working instructions for the Homeless & Pre-Tenancy Service, comply with BCC policies and procedures.
- To act as an initial escalation point for the resolution of unusual situations by providing advice and guidance to Assistant Housing Needs Officers.
- To answer customer enquiries, face to face, in writing or by telephone to resolve problems raised.
- Ensure that accurate reliable, quality data/management information is maintained and verified.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience of compiling and typing letters and reports, actioning telephone calls, etc.
- Clerical experience e.g. filing, maintaining confidential paperwork, setting up and maintaining records, systems and office equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and their implications for the Service.
- An ability to support meetings (e.g. minute-taking, note-taking, action points, etc) in a sensitive and complex manner
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation, both orally and in writing, where maintaining confidentiality is paramount.
- An Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
- New Aston House - Alma Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B19 2RL
- Magnolia House - 73 Conybere Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B12 0YL
- Social Housing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'