Housing Needs Officer
Are you an experienced Housing and Advice Officer used to working for Local Authorities to prevent homelessness?
Our Berkshire based Local Authority believes in early intervention, and works with tenants who are threatened with homelessness. As Housing Needs Officer your accurate assessment of claims for assistance will alleviate the risk of County Court and Judicial Review etc. and less use of temporary accommodation and B&Bs.
You will work to deliver a high quality and customer focused housing needs service, including housing advice and homelessness services; using every available resource to tackle housing need and prevent homelessness in accordance to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience of working in Housing Advice, Homelessness or Tenancy Relations role.
- Experience of providing services to a diverse client group, managing difficult and vulnerable customers professionally and effectively, within the context of a front line customer focused service.
- Experience of working in confidential situations with an understanding of when & how to share sensitive information with customers and relevant agencies.
- Experience of homelessness and Housing Advice casework, file management and accurate recording of information.
- Experience of giving accurate and relevant information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally.
Knowledge of current housing, immigration and related legislation, case law, policies and good practice (including Protection from Eviction Act 1977, relevant Housing Acts and Homelessness Acts) is essential for this role as is knowledge and good conceptual understanding of issues affecting the private rented sector e.g. overcrowding, different tenure types etc.
This is an immediate requirement, if you have the skills and experience detailed above please apply now.
Zoon Link is operating as an Employment Business for this opportunity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job