Housing Needs assessor
£21.47 per hour Umbrella PAYE
To work within Housing Needs to assess the housing problems experienced by people with health needs and disabilities and make recommendations on priority for rehousing. To provide expertise on health and disability issues which enable the Council to develop policies which improve housing options for people with disabilities.
- The post holder must be aware of and comply with Health and Safety legislation and Council Health and Safety Policy as relevant to the post.
- An understanding of the Council’s equal opportunities policies and a commitment to their promotion and knowledge of problems faced by service users in an area like Hackney.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of professionals in Health, Housing & Social Services.
- An understanding of the relationship between health and housing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise own workload.
- Development of effective working relations with directorate staff and external agencies.
- Working knowledge of the type of housing that is suitable/ adaptable for people with disabilities.
- Experience of working with people with physical disabilities in the home, e.g. community nursing or visiting, accompanied home visits, assessments for equipment and adaptations.
- Experience of working across a broad range of client groups, including the elderly, the young, those from ethnic minority groups in a deprived multicultural inner city area with medical and/or welfare needs including learning difficulties, mental illness and physical disabilities.
- Experience of working with a range of professionals from Health departments, Social Services & Housing backgrounds.
Please note Brampton Group can only offer an umbrella rate for this position
- Home Visits
- Social Services