Housing Litigator - Manchester £35,000 - £45,000
My Client are currently looking for a Housing Litigator to join their fast-growing team. Based on the outskirts of Manchester this is an exciting time to join an expanding team.
- Responsible for handling own caseload of housing and disrepair cases
- To demonstrate an excellent understanding of the technical issues involved in dealing with housing (and dis-repair) cases
- To demonstrate an excellent understanding of local authority landlord issues
- To have an excellent working knowledge of housing disputes and relevant case law
- To demonstrate the ability to take on individual responsibility within the context of a team environment
- To demonstrate commercial awareness and a proactive approach to all aspects of work
- To demonstrate strong decision-making skills
- Be able to achieve financial targets on a monthly and annual basis and to contribute to the profitability of the team as a whole
- To demonstrate excellent communication skills including client awareness and client care
- To demonstrate an ability to manage risk
- To operate in line with both internal and external compliance standards
- Maintains strong relationships with both internal colleagues and external customers and agencies.
- Handle a large volume of dis-repair cases
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of Housing Law
- Proven track record of dealing with disrepair cases
- Excellent drafting capabilities of court documents/witness statements/instructions to counsel without supervision
- Excellent knowledge of current case law affecting housing disputes
- Proven track record of dealing and liaising with landlords, local authorities and similar organisations in relation to resolving of housing disputes
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent fact finding skills
- Assertiveness and a determination to "get things done"
- Good customer service skills
- Good organisational & interpersonal skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Be PC literate having a basic knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be a good 'People’ person and work well as part of a team.
- A working knowledge of PROCLAIM would be an advantage
For more information Please contact Hayley at Interlink Recruitment