Housing Growth Officer
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Salary: £38,000 - £46,000 per annum
Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
This role is focused on promoting housing growth across Essex and delivering tangible improvements in the quality of life for residents through high quality housing provision
The role sits in an exciting new team responsible for developing and implementing the Council's housing strategy, including accelerating housing supply, diversifying housing delivery and securing provision which meets the diverse needs of Essex residents. The role will be responsible for a number of programmes to improve housing delivery, working with a wide range of partners to create the right conditions to support housing growth.
The role will ensure the effective management and co-ordination of individual housing projects and be the lead point of contact for housing developers, housing associations, and local/central government partners. Projects across the team focus on land supply and development industry relationships; independent living and homelessness; and housing growth strategy.
- Developing housing growth interventions of significant strategic importance including preparing quality bids for funding where necessary
- Effectively managing partnership groups focused on ensuring the implementation of shared work programmes around housing delivery
- Actively highlighting and promoting opportunities for collaboration and joint-working with public and private sector partners to improve housing related services
- Leading County Council engagement with a portfolio of specific developers and housing associations, joining up engagement across ECC and district colleagues
- Engaging with developers and external funding agencies to help secure infrastructure for to support housing
- Delivering specific housing commissioning plans for key Essex resident cohorts to ensure implementation plans are robust and risks are mitigated
- Ensuring business cases for housing interventions are robust; developing clear well-evidenced recommendations for key projects
- Working collaboratively across professional groups to ensure that programmes are implemented including through acquisitions and/or land disposals, working closely with the Council's property team
- Providing clear, well-argued advice to elected members and senior officers on progress
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant degree or equivalent by experience and continuing professional development
- A successful track record of housing related project development and implementation
- Experience and understanding of housing markets, investment, management and operations
- Understanding of strategic housing issues facing local authorities and registered providers
- Project management experience and budgeting skills
- Experience of successful bidding to external funding organisations
- Good oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to present complex information clearly and concisely in a way that others can understand
- Understanding of the major factors, influences, and legislation facing local government and/or the challenges for its regeneration and housing activity
- Experience of partnership building/ working relationships
Please note relevant qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job