Salary: Negotiable up to £31,942 based on experience and qualifications
Closing date: 10.00 am 27th March 2018. Interviews will be held on 5th April 2018.
To provide a housing casework and representation service to clients.
• To advise clients on all aspects of housing law through a combination of appointments, home visits and telephone advice as appropriate.
• To undertake casework and represent clients at court as appropriate
• To work in partnership with other organisations who are supporting our client group
• To keep up to date with current legislation, case law and policy in relation to housing
• To maintain cases to standards required by Central England Law Centre
• To conduct casework in compliance with the Legal Aid Agency requirements
• To liaise with the Legal Aid Agency in respect of funding applications and claims
• To assist with the prompt billing and costing of files
• To record time spent on casework and meet daily targets
• To contribute to the team’s financial targets
• To carry out file reviews as appropriate
• To attend training courses as appropriate
• To demonstrate commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the Law Centre and abide by policies and procedures as set out in the Office Manual and Staff Handbook
• To attend staff meetings and external meetings and seminars when necessary
• Any other task reasonably required within the context of this post
• A demonstrable commitment to social justice and the ability to work sympathetically and effectively with a wide variety of clients.
• Experience of housing law – you will either be a solicitor or caseworker who meets or is able to meet the Legal Aid Agency Supervisor Standard for Housing Law
• Experience of advocacy
• Proven ability to meet costs targets
• The ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with clients
• An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
• A non-judgemental attitude
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ability to learn quickly and develop new skills
• Attention to detail and sufficient numeracy to complete legal aid and costing forms.
• Ability to work as part of a team and with partner agencies
To register your interest for this Vacancy, please select the Apply button below. Your C.V. is kept in the strictest of confidence and no details are divulged to any external parties. Should you require a discreet conversation, feel free to call Adam Hall who is able to provide further information and benefits on this Vacancy.