Housing Benefits/Customer Service Officer
Housing Benefits Customer Service Officer required to join a public sector organisation based in Leicestershire. My client is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Housing Benefits Officer to join their team on a full-time, ongoing basis.
As the Housing Benefits Officer you will be working with the Revenues & Benefits Manager providing a proficient Housing Benefits services within the team. You will perform Housing Benefits officer duties associated with all service provisions within the team alongside other duties as below:
Key responsibilities of the Housing Benefits Customer Service Officer:
- Assessing and processing Housing Benefit claims
- Providing an efficient and friendly service to our customers; in dealing with assessment and benefit enquiries from them in a polite and professional manner
- Providing advice, help and information on the full range of the benefits provided by the service
- Up to date knowledge of Housing Benefits legislation
- May also be required to process Council Tax Benefit claims
Required skills and experience of the Housing Options Officer:
- Experience of working within a benefits office and have extensive knowledge of legislation relating to Housing Benefits
- Demonstrable ability to process Housing Benefits
- Working knowledge of CIVICA is desirable although not essential
- Experience of working within a customer service role and must possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience of Council Tax legislation and processing is desirable but not essential
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Housing Options Officer role, please apply now, or contact Laura Smedley-Williams at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.
- "customer service"
- "council tax"
- "customer queries"
- "local authority"
- "housing benefits"
- "benefits & revenues"
- "customer service officer"