Housing Benefit Officer
Our client, a private company, who facilitate investment in the supported living sector are currently recruiting for a Housing Benefit Officer on a permanent contract in Lancashire. The role is due to start immediately and will be for 40 hours per week. The salary for this role is competitive.
The ideal candidate must have experience giving Housing Benefit Advice and excellent customer service skills. For further information please contact Clara Willis.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Liaise directly with tenants providing Housing Benefit Advice
* Identify where new claims or change of circumstances should be submitted to the relevant Local Authority
* Collate all the relevant information and submit the claims to the Local Authority (online or paper forms)
* Input the claim information on to the in-house database for future reporting and management
* Review individual’s benefit entitlements and completing calculations to maximise income
* Liaise with Service Providers and Service User representatives to ensure that supporting evidence is submitted to the Local Authority promptly
* Receive Housing Benefit claim correspondence and identify cases requiring further action
* Report claim activity and required actions to Registered Providers on a regular basis
* Submit changes of circumstances to the Local Authorities individually or in bulk ensuring no void loss occurs
* Identify and investigate Housing Benefit overpayments and any overpayment recovery in place
* Prepare documents where decisions by the Local Authorities are to be challenged giving reasonable evidence in response to gain positive outcomes
* Review the service charges to ensure no unreasonable amounts and to confirm that the final schedule is justifiable
* Liaise with in-house departments, Service Providers and Registered providers to confirm elements and totals of service charges
* Signposting to suitable third party agencies or tenancy support for benefit claims to be completed and submitted
* Strong working knowledge of Welfare Benefits and Reform is essential
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of James Andrews Recruitment Solutions who are operating as an employment agency and business. James Andrews Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Welfare Reform
- Housing Benefit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"