Housing Assistant - BASS
Job type – Part Time, permanent
Salary – £18,636 per annum + Benefits (Pro Rata Salary £9,318 per annum)
Hours –20 hours per week between 8:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work.
Location – Plymouth
Nacro deliver the Bail Accommodation and Support Service (BASS) on behave of the Ministry of Justice. BASS is a national service across England and Wales which allows Courts to make greater use of bail by providing accommodation in the community with support for adult defendants who could not otherwise be bailed. BASS also provides support for service users released from custody in the last three months of their sentence on Home Detention Curfew (HDC), Intensive Community Order Residence Requirement and Additional License Conditions.
Who we are looking for?
We are seeking a Housing Assistant to support the Regional Delivery Team in their provision of the BASS service in the Plymouth Area. The role is to ensure effective housing and property management but will also be part of the service that provides support to service users. You will require a proactive approach to housing management and property standards including maintaining good relations with the local community and neighbours.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that properties are maintained to a high standard in line with Nacro’s lettable property and Decent Homes Standard.
- Ensure all compulsory safety checks and procedures are followed, and recorded appropriately.
- Undertake compulsory weekly checks and inspections of each property.
- Raise any necessary repair works within set timelines.
- Carry out basic cleaning tasks as required.
- Liaise closely with our property services team, contractors and the support officer to ensure repairs are undertaken within set timelines.
- Liaise with the referral team to ensure appropriate and timely allocations are made to void properties to maximise occupancy levels.
- Undertake Inductions and cover for absent Support Officer where necessary.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
A full driving licence and own vehicle is required to be successful in this role
For a full job description please click here.
For a full person specification please click here.
For details of Nacro’s excellent benefits please click here.
Please apply online
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'