Housing Administrator, South Croydon
Langley House Trust has opportunities for a Housing Administrator to join our team based in South Croydon on a full time basisworking a minimum of 37 hours per week, some of which will be unsocial. We are offering the successful candidate a competitive salary of £17,223 per annum plus £2,000 London Weighting Allowance.
Langley House Trust is an innovative national Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958 we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results.
Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none.
As our Housing Administrator you will implement the efficient running of the Office and assist Managers and other staff using appropriate office equipment and computerised systems as directed by undertaking a range of administrative tasks in keeping with the policies and procedures of the Trust
Responsibilities of our Housing Administrator include:
- Manage the efficient running of the service office using appropriate office equipment and computerised systems
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the project and to complete returns as directed.
- Input accurate and timely information into the Trust housing management system and to produce reports as required.
- Prepare invoices, record payments and expenditure, bank income and manage the project petty cash budget within Trust Policy
- Assist with arranging supervision of staff where appropriate and to supervise Administrative Bank Staff and students based in the office
- Assist in the management of the referral process within the project to achieve agreed occupancy levels
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail, including emails and faxes and to type letters, reports, minutes and other documentation as required
- Manage the office diary
- Assist with organising accommodation and travel for staff who work from the office and others as required
- Manage the office petty cash float, postage and stationary budgets
- Ensure that all maintenance issues that relate to the office are appropriately reported and that remedial action is taken as necessary
- Take an active part in team meetings
To become our Housing Administrator you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Literate to write letters and reports and numerate to complete statistical returns
- Strong IT skills including word-processing, email and database skills
- Demonstrable administration experience
- Relates well to people of any background
- Be able to work in a challenging and demanding environment
- Able to deal discreetly with delicate matters
- Team player
- Able to use initiative and work to deadlines
- Reliable and organised
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Housing Administrator please click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 23rd March 2018
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants. No Agencies or C.V’s
Please note that a satisfactory DBS check is required for all appointments within the Trust and that job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK.