If you’re a stickler for detail then a Housekeeping Supervisor role with us will be right up your street. You’ll enjoy working under pressure and running a team to strict deadlines and impeccable standards to get rooms turned around ready for guests. It’s not just rooms; you could be helping to keep public areas spick and span too and so will frequently meet and greet guests en route. With support and guidance from our Head Housekeeper, together we’ll get the job done!
Macdonald Housekeeping Supervisors play a vital role in delivering a great guest experience to all our guests. They have a keen eye for detail, an organised approach and a willingness to exceed our guest expectation. Operating on the front line, they are the real ambassadors of our company, and are committed to consistently delivering high standards.
Our Housekeeping Supervisors are hardworking individuals who can work on their own initiative and are key players in our Housekeeping teams.
They may have previous experience in a similar supervisory role, but we are able to train suitable individuals who can demonstrate a willingness to learn.
The role provides support to Housekeeping management in ensuring that all areas of the business are cleaned and maintained in line with company and guest expectations. The Housekeeping Supervisor will deputise for the Executive or Head Housekeeper in his/her absence, undertaking their duties. They must be able to monitor the delivery of our core standards and focus on providing our guests with a great stay every time.
Ensuring that all bedrooms and corridors are cleaned to the highest standard is a key part of the role so you will need to show good attention to detail, as well as the ability to manage the work of others.
This position will include shifts working Saturday and/ or Sunday. Additional hours may be required to support the hotel during our busier periods including bank holidays.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide support to Housekeeping management by ensuring that all areas of the business are cleaned and maintained in line with company and guest expectations. To deputise for the Executive or Head Housekeeper in his/her absence. To undertake the duties of the Executive or Head Housekeeper in his/her absence.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To take pride in everything I do.
- To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality.
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests.
- To be an ambassador for the Macdonald Brand.
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance.
- To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team.
- To consistently deliver Macdonald core standards which are relevant to my role.
- To maintain a safe and clean environment.
- To take responsibility for understanding our products and services.
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience.
- To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others.
- To give my full to support to company initiatives.
- To complete and act upon training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures.
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance.
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me from delivering on agreed processes.
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department.
- To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role.
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience.
- Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS).
- To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity.
- Spot and act on every opportunity for sales.
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To maintain standards throughout the hotel in line with company and guest expectations.
- To carry out departmental checks in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper to manage resources within the department in accordance with budgeted and forecasted costs.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper to manage quality of resources within the department.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper to manage staffing within budgeted and forecasted targets.
- To assist in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and core standards.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper to ensure that effective communication takes place with other departments and within the housekeeping department.
- To provide support to the Executive or Head Housekeeper in the recruitment, training and review procedures in the department.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper in measuring team members’ performance and provide feedback as required.
- To comply with any other reasonable request made by a manager of the company.
- To undertake Duty Management responsibilities as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Brand standard audits
- Health & Safety checks
- Guest feedback
- Mystery guest results
- AA inspection outcome
- PSN audits