Oxford OX1 2LN
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide support to Housekeeping management by ensuring that all areas of the business are cleaned and maintained in line with company and guest expectations. To deputise for the Executive or Head Housekeeper in his/her absence. To undertake the duties of the Executive or Head Housekeeper in his/her absence.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To take pride in everything I do.
- To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality.
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests.
- To be an ambassador for the Macdonald Brand.
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance.
- To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team.
- To consistently deliver Macdonald core standards which are relevant to my role.
- To maintain a safe and clean environment.
- To take responsibility for understanding our products and services.
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience.
- To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others.
- To give my full to support to company initiatives.
- To complete and act upon training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures.
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance.
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me from delivering on agreed processes.
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department.
- To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role.
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience.
- Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS).
- To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity.
- Spot and act on every opportunity for sales.
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To maintain standards throughout the hotel in line with company and guest expectations.
- To carry out departmental checks in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper to manage resources within the department in accordance with budgeted and forecasted costs.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper to manage quality of resources within the department.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper to manage staffing within budgeted and forecasted targets.
- To assist in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and core standards.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper to ensure that effective communication takes place with other departments and within the housekeeping department.
- To provide support to the Executive or Head Housekeeper in the recruitment, training and review procedures in the department.
- To assist the Executive or Head Housekeeper in measuring team members’ performance and provide feedback as required.
- To comply with any other reasonable request made by a manager of the company.
- To undertake Duty Management responsibilities as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Brand standard audits
- Health & Safety checks
- Guest feedback
- Mystery guest results
- AA inspection outcome
- PSN audits
Please consider the above criteria carefully before starting your application. When recruiting, it is important to us that we are the right choice for you, as well as you being the right choice for us. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests. Our people take pride in what we do, and the standards we expect. They are passionate about working with Macdonald Hotels and care about doing their very best for every guest.
40 Hours Per Week
Full Time - Permanent
Closing Date- 30/Oct/2017
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job