Hamilton Brown is delighted to recruiting for a Housekeeping Manager for our client's award-winning hotel in County Down.
As Head Housekeeper you will have full accountability for the cleanliness and upkeep of all hotel bedrooms and public areas through effective management of the housekeeping team.
You will deliver efficient departmental management, achieving statutory obligations, product and service delivery standards, a high degree of guest care, budgeted targets and key performance indicators.
You must have strong leadership skills with proven ability to motivate, reward and develop a team.
Job Title: Head Housekeeper
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours: 45 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, as rostered in line with the needs of the business (including weekends)
Salary: £21,000.00 gross per annum
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all bedrooms, corridors, function rooms, staff areas and public areas are maintained
- Assignment of rooms to the housekeeping team, instructing, delegating and managing staff under your responsibility.
- Ensuring the cleaning of assigned areas to the highest standards, using only approved cleaning materials and equipment
- Overseeing the ordering, delivery, count and storage of all lines and all items necessary to service the department, including bathroom items, tea/coffee making facilities, stationary, menus, equipment, cleaning materials etc. and keeping costs thereof to agreed levels.
2. To ensure customer satisfaction is maintained by;
- Ensuring guest laundry is collected, charged and returned to the guest in a speedy and accurate fashion and guest lost property is logged and stored correctly.
- Dealing with any guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Actioning any maintenance requests in order to comply with the hotel's established quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
3. To set and maintain standards by;
- Carrying out appropriate off and on the job training for all departmental staff and maintaining records of staff training.
- Participating in and managing staff appraisals and performance assessments. Undertaking daily checks on the performance and appearance of staff, ensuring a high standard of grooming.
- Ensuring that housekeeping staff carry out the hotel's good customer relations policy, including politely addressing and directing all guests.
4. To maintain all costs including purchases and staffing levels in line with occupancy levels and achieve WPOR (Wage per occupied room) targets by;
- Completion of rotas and holiday forms for all full and part time staff in an accurate fashion by the company deadlines and in line with budgets set.
- Preparing all departmental payroll information for management.
Ensure effective communication between staff, by;
- Chairing regular team meetings and conducting daily (shift) briefing sessions.
- Maintaining good communications with other departments, particularly the Front Office, team spirit and staff morale.
- Attending operational and other meetings called by management.
To ensure the department is operated within the Legal Framework by;
- Ensuring the department and staff operate within the appropriate legislation including licensing, health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities and any other legislation as appropriate.
5. Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management, including the requirement to perform Duty Management shifts.
- Previous Housekeeping Experience at Supervisory or Management level.
- A proven track record of delivering high standards of customer service and presentation, including training staff.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills, to include knowledge and experience of human resource management practices.
- Financial Management & budgeting skills, including effective staff rostering.
- IT Proficient - working use of MS Office suite & PMS.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
In line with the requirements of legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Must be able to lift bags of linen (up to 10kgs) as this role involves lifting and carrying.
- Hospitality experience in a similar establishment.
- Certification in industry standards for cleaning and hygiene.
- Health and Safety, COSHH and manual handling training.
Demonstrable Skills (assessed at interview)
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems
- Ability to manage your team of reportees effectively
- High standard of personal presentation in line with dress code standards
- Committed to providing exceptional guest service
Please register your interest via www.hamiltonbrown.com and one of our consultants will be in touch.