Our client, a unique privately owned organisation operating over a large site and incorporating both commercial and residential properties, is seeking a Housekeeping Manager join their team. Managing a team of approximately 75 staff, this purpose of this opportunity is to:
- Provide a high quality, cost effective on-site cleaning and housekeeping service through the year, for all activities and uses of the organisation.
- To manage the turnaround of private accommodation consisting of c. 70 units.
- To manage external contractors providing window cleaning, pest control, sanitary waste hygiene, and other cleaning services to the organisation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To manage a team of housekeeping staff and team leaders to provide a comprehensive cleaning and housekeeping service across the site, including cleaning, tidying, bed making, laundry, curtain changes and deep cleaning.
- To work with the HR team to ensure that accommodation is vacated and let as required.
- To monitor and manage the external contractors relating to provision of a housekeeping services, including but not limited to window cleaning, sanitary waste, pest control, matting and other cleaning.
- Ensure that standards of the environment are checked, and that general maintenance and repairs are reported to building and works in a timely fashion.
- To organise the daily rota of housekeeping and team leading staff, ensuring effective cover in the event of staff absences.
- Recruitment, training, development and management of staff within the department, in line with HR policies and procedures.
- The control of budgets in relation to staff hours, cleaning chemicals and inventory items
- Stock control and timely ordering of chemicals and any goods required for the provision of the service.
- Administration of hours/holidays/absence, reporting to finance for payroll purposes to meet the deadlines for accurate payroll processing.
- Provide a service to other business interests, preparing areas of the business as required to support the letting of the premises for events.
- Provide a check-in and out service to accommodation residents, maintaining inventory records and validating deposit return claims to HR/Finance.
- To provide excellent customer service to users of both the business and residential accommodation.
- To maintain all machinery and equipment in good working order at all times
- Supervision of staff and manage a system of monitoring standards, ensuring that any shortfalls or defects are dealt with in a timely manner or reported to the correct department for action.
- Ensure the security of building and the access to keys is controlled and maintained at all times.
- Work closely with the other departments to ensure the continuity of service is maintained and meets the demand.
- Assist the Head of Support Services Manager with other duties as required in support of the business needs.
- To ensure adherence to statutory Health and Safety and Data Protection Legislation at all times.
- To undertake the safeguarding induction, in relation to legislative document guidelines, with all new employees within the first week of employment.
Hours of Working:
- This opportunity is based on 37.5 hours per week, working flexibly as required.
- Some evening and weekend working may be required to manage contractors and provide services to residential lettings and events.
Person Specification (Attributes):
- Secondary education or equivalent
- Membership / Certificates - BICs, IOSH, NEBOSH
Specialist Skills & Experience
- A past history of managing a large team of cleaning staff
- Knowledge of monitoring and managing cleaning/housekeeping standards
- A good all round knowledge of Health and Safety
- Experience in training, motivating and developing staff
- Medium/high level of IT skills
- Experience of recruitment and retention of staff
- Enthusiastic and the ability to motivate others
- Clean driving licence
- Positive attitude towards working flexible hours
- Firm approach to compliance but flexible in dealing with people.
- Good all round organisational skills
- BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) in supervision/facilities management or equivalent work experience.
- Facilities Management
- Site Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job