We are currently recruiting for a couple of housekeeping assistants for our newly opened hospital in Mundesley. The job would require alternate weekend work.
Main function of the job:-
To work as part of a team to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene within the home whilst ensuring a safe, comfortable environment at all times.
Main duties of the role:-
1. Ensure the security of the service is maintained at all times, to ensure staff and service user safety.
2. To contribute to the personal environmental needs of the individual resident and ensure they enjoy a good quality of life by ensuring a friendly caring environment
3. To ensure that residents retain their dignity, choice and individuality
4. To help induct, train and supervise junior members of staff in all aspects of their work in the location.
5. To work in conjunction with other members of the location, such as maintenance workers, administration, registered nurses and support workers.
6. To ensure that residents rooms are adequately heated and/or ventilated.
7. To ensure full privacy and dignity for each resident when entering their room
8. To ensure that no cleaning is undertaken while residents are in their room unless it is necessary to do so or that the resident has permitted that this be done.
9. To ensure all housekeeping storage cupboards and trolleys containing cleaning fluids and supplies are kept locked at all times.
10. To ensure that all cleaning equipment and materials are not left unattended.
11. To ensure that all soap and hand gel dispensers are refilled when necessary.
12. To ensure adequate supply of hand towels and toilet rolls at all times
13. To ensure you report to the appropriate person when supplies are running low
14. To clean in line with the cleaning schedule.
15. To keep all records of domestic work completed in the appropriate book or document each shift.
16. Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
17. Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
18. Continual personal development to develop oneself and the role.
19. In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service or manager.
• General cleaning experience preferred but full training is given
• Fast paced work ethic
• Team player
• Good communication, both written and verbal
• Takes pride in work
• Working with or care for vulnerable adults advantageous
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job