Appointment of a Full time Housekeeper
The Magdalen Environmental Trust provides outdoor environmental education to children and adults, and therapeutic / respite opportunities to people with more complex needs, on its own 132 acre organic farm.
We work with schools and other organisations from across southern England, helping primary school age children in particular to understand sustainability, where their food comes from, (and the importance of making the right choices in food), and helping them better understand the countryside and the natural environment.
Many of the clients who come to Magdalen also have disabilities including autism and sensory impairments, or are carers needing respite.
Groups visiting Magdalen can either come for just one day, or they can stay in our residential centre for up to a week.
Activities include cleaning and laundry, arranging rooms to meet our customers’ needs and other duties around our residential centres.
If you can help out in the kitchen on occasion, and turn your hand to other practical jobs in the quirt winter season, that would be an advantage.
This job is part of the Hospitality Team, which is:
We are now looking for a new full time Housekeeper to join our hospitality team Monday to Fridays - and very occasional weekends (for which a day off in the week will be given).
Start and finish times vary between 7am - 9am starts, and 3.00 - 5.00 finishes, as required by the needs of the organisation.
£18,589 per year, which is £9.50 / hour
28 days per year, including bank holidays, and one extra day for every full year worked, up to a maximum of 5 extra days.
- To work as a member of the Hospitality Team, working frequently without supervision,
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Working alongside others in Housekeeping, to provide a clean, safe and organised centre in preparation for visiting groups, and during their stay.
- To follow a cleaning schedule, recording actions including Health and Safety actions (eg legionella control) and reporting any problems to the Centre Manager.
- To undertake duties in the kitchen on occasion
- To receive customers in a helpful and friendly manner.
- To attend relevant staff meetings and take part alongside other staff.
- To undertake additional duties, particularly in the quiet winter months, which are appropriate as requested by the line manager.
How to apply:
Please aply with your CV and covering letter through this website.
- Flexible Approach
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'