URGENT - For a lovely family we are looking for an experienced live-in/ out out housekeeper to work full-time from Monday- Friday (9-5) at their Surrey property. Must be able to cook family meals and be dog friendly. Transport to station provided if not driving. Tagalog speakers welcome but not essential.
The couple and their 14 month old girl live in a beautiful 4 bedroom country house. Only a small part of the house is used frequently by the family. Both travel often and there are occasional visitors that stay over. The interior is modern and includes marble and a designer wardrobe. There are several other staff including a nanny and a p/t housekeeper. It's a causal and very relaxed household.
- Keep the house (mostly the areas that are used) tidy and clean to high standards (including mopping, wiping, polishing, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, etc.)
- Take care of the laundry and change bedding (utility room)
- Tidy areas
- Organize the wardrobe and cupboards, get items dry-cleaned, etc.
- Report any faults
- Prepare rooms for arrival of family or guests
- Assist with online-shopping, if possible and stock up toiletries
- Clear the fire place
- Assist with healthy family meals and feed the dogs (if required)
- Answer the door/ receiving and storing delivered goods
- On occasions offer tea or coffee to guests
- Provide a turn down service before finishing work
- Liaise with the PA and the Lifestyle Manager
- Run errands and care for dog (feeding and letting out into garden)
- 3 -5 years’ experience within private families
- Valid permit to remain in the UK
- Ability to work independently
- High end housekeeping and laundry skills
- Excellent knowledge of caring for designer labels
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Live within commutable distance
- Friendly, smiley and very discreet
- Driver not essential (taxis to station provided)
- Fluency in English
- Some knowledge of 'smart’ home technology is an advantage (training provided)
The family is looking for a lovely, bright, happy and reliable housekeeper who gets on with her work, able to arrange her duties and time well. We are looking for candidates who are efficient, hard-working, loyal and reliable. Discretion and privacy is of utmost importance to this family. Candidates must have experience of working previously on their own within a private households preferably with children and dogs. The family is keen to fill this position long term.
The hours are 9am to 5 pm with an hour for lunch.
Live-in: Accommodation is a large beautiful room with a large bathroom (en-suite).
Live-out: Transport to a close by station will be provided (taxis).
Written references from past private employers are essential as well as a current DBS check.
To start as soon as possible.
Salary: £35000 - £38000 gross per annum/ approx. £520 - £560 net a week (live-out) or depending on experience, plus holidays. The salary may be adjusted for live-in - depending on the candidate's previous salary.
To apply please send a short cover letter outlining your experience and attach your CV.
- Organisational Skills
- High Standards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job