BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishops Wood Hospital has a vacancy for a Housekeeper to join their team of staff in the Hotel Services department on a Bank basis.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Shift patterns are typically:
7am to 3pm, 12 noon to 8pm, 1pm to 9pm and 10am to 6pm on weekdays.
Weekends shift cover from between 8am and 8pm.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Excellent communication in verbal/written English
- Customer focused environment
- Hotel services industry or healthcare sector
- Supervisory housekeeping experience preferred but not essential
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a high standard of housekeeping service throughout the Hospital.
- To work under the guidelines of the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Provision of a quality housekeeping service throughout the Hospital and its departments.
- Maintain all equipment in good working order.
- Regular communication with other department staff.
- Prepares admission/discharge rooms by liaison with Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Deep cleaning of areas on a rota basis to include curtain/carpet cleaning.
- Replenishment of supplies.
- Comply with Health & Safety at work legislation.
- Attend Housekeeping and general training sessions to improve knowledge and skills.
- Attend mandatory training as organised by the Hospital.
Basic day to day decision making authority within the scope of the role profile.
Covering of shifts as & when required including Bank holidays.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers:
- A competitive hourly enhanced rate.
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Uniform provided
- Free parking
- Training given
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.