BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury are recruiting for Housekeeper to join our team of staff in the Housekeeping department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Variety of shifts including weekends and night shifts - experience in a hospital would be advantageous – good customer service skills required
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- General secondary education.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of working in a hospital environment is desirable but not essential
- Dealing with customers’ requirements and/or complaints
Duties of this role include:
- To participate, as an active member of the housekeeping team in maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the hospital, responding to the challenge of ensuring a pleasant environment for all customers, staff and colleagues.
- To clean areas as designated in work schedules or as requested by the Hotel Services Manager.
- To ensure that cleaning supplies are requested or replenished in line with departmental policies and procedures.
- To ensure the correct use of cleaning materials and understand any hazards associated with their use.
- To care for equipment used in the department and ensure that it is stored safely when not in use.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.