House Parent (Residential) - Independent School
Start Date: September 2018
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
Our client is a well-regarded independent school with an excellent reputation locally and across London. The college is part of a wider group of independent schools and has a Head Office nearby.
To be considered for the position of Houseparent, you must have previous boarding experience, with knowledge of safeguarding, as this is a residential post. Importantly, you will bring enthusiasm and warmth that is required to ensure students are fully supported!
Summary of the role:
The Houseparent will be providing students support with their welfare and wellbeing. Working with an excellent boarding team, you will be working to the boarding rota. This includes inducting new students and proving a vital input into the student's social activities calendar. The Houseparent will also maintain up to date student files and promote a supportive culture.
- Experience of working within a boarding schools environment
- Working knowledge of Child Protection (Safeguarding), the Boarding Schools' National Minimum Standards for Boarding and ISI regulations and guidelines.
- Good knowledge of UK legislation relating to the welfare of young people
- Certified at the enhanced DBS level (check undertaken prior to employ
- Enthusiasm for working with young people and ability to support students from diverse backgrounds
- Counselling/mental health support experience within an educational setting
- Student Services experience in the education sector desirable
Closing date; Friday 9th March 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 19th March 2018
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS).
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this job, please send through your CV to Usma at Usma.Collins@connaughteducation
Connaught Education - The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.
- House Parent Houseparent Boarding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job