House Manager / Head Housekeeper Couple
We are looking for an experienced domestic couple to join our team on our Oxfordshire shooting estate. The successful couple must be proactive, hard working and flexible.
The house you will be managing is a large 7-bedroom country home. It is the principal’s main residence. The principals have 3 children between aged between 12 and 17. The children are at boarding school during the week and home at the weekends.
The family employs a number of other staff on the estate…
Head Gardner and his team
Estate manager and his team
2 office workers
Secondary / Travelling couple
You will be responsible for managing the Secondary / Traveling couple. For the majority of the year this couple is based on the estate but during the school holiday this couple travel to the family’s holiday homes in the Alps and in Cornwall.
Duties will include but will not be limited to…
- Ensuring the smooth running of the mechanical and electrical systems
- Dealing with builders and contactors
- Looking after and maintaining a high tech security system
- Pool and Hot Tub maintenance
- Care and maintenance of the family’s cars, ATV’s and dirt bikes
- Driving and chauffeuring duties
- General Handyman work
- Managing the household team
- Keeping the house and other buildings on the property impeccably clean
- Laundry and care of delicate fabrics
- Wardrobe management
- Twice weekly grocery shopping
- Liaising with the garden team in regard to flowers, fruit and vegetables
- Child care
- Pet care (the family have 2 dogs and chickens)
One half of the secondary couple is a chef and will take care of the majority of the cooking. However it is important that at least one of the couple can cook to cover when the secondary couple is absent.
Hours of work will generally be Monday to Friday from 8 until 5. Longer hours, and weekend work will sometimes be required, especially when the secondary couple is on annual leave or travelling to the family’s holiday homes. We also like to ensure that the secondary couple can have 1 weekend off a month so at a minimum you will be required to work this
Along with a very competitive salary the position comes with a beautiful 3-bedroom cottage with its own garden.
Start Date - Beginning to Mid- November
Responsible Consultant - Hannah Mckeown Job ID 50426
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'