1. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Hospital. To maintain and demonstrate a positive attitude towards clients, staff and others.
2. Prioritise work.
3. To demonstrate non-discriminatory practice in all aspects of work.
4. Involvement in creating and maintaining cleaning regimes - daily, weekly, periodically etc. for the Home (excluding kitchen for which Chef has responsibility).
5. To support the development of the process, practices and delivery of Active Care and recovery.
6. Ensure that equipment is clean and well maintained.
7. Fill out monthly stock sheets.
8. Liaise with the Homes Manager/supplier when ordering cleaning products, report on their effectiveness as well as undertaking monthly stock checks and ensuring safe storage.
9. Ensure that the following are carried out:
i. Thorough cleaning of all areas of the Homes, excluding those maintained by the Kitchen Staff; safeguarding risk assessment / safety of workplace.
ii. To ensure cleaning schedule is maintained and documented evidence is completed.
10. Undertake any necessary training including COSHH/Mandatory training etc.
11. Report immediately to the Homes Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, Colleague, self or another.
12. Notify the Homes Manager as soon as possible of the inability to work, and also on return to work, from all periods of absence.
13. Maintain complete confidentiality of all matters concerning the Hospital, Clients, Staff and related work.
14. To ensure quality targets are et in accordance with agreed standards.
15. Participate in Staff and Client meetings and attend training sessions as required.
16. Participate in agreed systems of approved and individual performance review in the role of the employee.
17. Understand and ensure the implementation of the Homes Health and Safety Policy, Emergency and Fire Procedures. Cambian Healthcare Ltd Page 2 of 3
18. Report any faulty appliances, damaged furniture or equipment and any potential hazard to the Hospital Manager.
19. Ensure the security of the Home is maintained at all times
20. Adhere to all Group policies and procedures within the defined timescales, NCSC Standards and Guidelines and Regulations, Department of Health guidelines ad Legislation, including the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice.
21. In emergencies, details should be given to both the Homes Manager and Head of Care as soon as possible.
22. Undertake other duties, as required, by the Head of Care or homes Manager.
For new appointments, a selection panel will assess each of the points below against what you have written on the application form – so, as a job applicant, you should explain, by using examples from previous jobs, voluntary work or whilst you were in education, how you match these points.
To do this job effectively a person will need:-
1. Knowledge of COSHH
2. Knowledge of Electrical Cleaning Equipment
3. Understanding and demonstration of personal hygiene
4. Basic literacy
5. Communication skills
6. Team working
7. Able to use own initiative
8. Team Player
9. Positive approach
10. Ability to assist patients with daily living skills
11. Ability to maintain confidential information.
12. Comfortable with patient contact.
13. COSHH training
14. Health & Safety training
15.eperinace in Auditing, ordering an checking of stock
15. Housekeeping/domestic work within residential care environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job