Do you have proven experience working within a Reception management role? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting and they want to hear from you!
They understand that their staff are key to their success and they are dedicated to supporting each and every person in their role. As a business, they will endeavour to provide you with opportunities to develop yourself and pursue a rewarding and exciting career with us.
Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and organised Hotel Head of Reception to join their team. This is a full time role working 5 out 7 days, 36.25hrs per week, £479.50 per week / £24,934 per annum
Who are they looking for?
As their ideal Hotel Head of Reception, you will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of the Hospitality industry and proven experience within a similar role. You will also require experience / knowledge of:
- Advanced level in spoken and written English
- People Management
- Rota Management
- Hotel Reception
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as their Hotel Head of Reception you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
- Live in Accommodation
- Staff discounts
- Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 28 Days Annual Leave Entitlement (pro rata)
What will I be responsible for?
Joining their team as a Hotel Head of Reception, you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service in their hotels. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Overseeing the reception, reservation and cashiering department
- Ensuring the front desk provides a professional and friendly service for customers
- Maintain a thorough understanding of hotel facilities and processes, and contribute to a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and cashiering.
- Provide support, information and guidance to new staff members to ensure they integrate and operate in accordance with company procedures and expectations as quickly and seamlessly as possible
- Comply with all health and safety policies, procedures and requirement as necessary
- Dealing with customers, including handling complaints when they come to the desk
- Liaising with other departments, maintaining good working relationships to ensure guest expectations met or exceeded
- Arrange staff meetings and take meeting notes if necessary
- Ensure strict adherence to the hotel’s computer security protocols
- Analyse existing working practices and suggest/implement alterations designed to ensure efficient service delivery to customers
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance through frequent contact with staff and adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Inputting payroll and holidays, and addressing sicknesses.
- Assist with projects as and when required.
- Conduct scheduled as well as ad hoc audits across the department to measure compliance with KPIs, targets and quality standards, including service readiness, staff appearance, hospitality culture and guest experience; reporting findings to Directors
- Analysing occupancy levels, forecasts and PNL reports to make recommendations for the department
Leadership and Management
- Leading and managing the Reception team to ensure departmental adherence to professional standards of excellence and Company policies and procedures.
- Managing the supervisor team and delegating duties to ensure they are fully compliant and hold regular meetings regarding department updates and changes.
- Manage staff in relation to all people and performance activities, e.g. rota management, payroll, holiday approval, sickness absence, recruitment & selection, training & development, performance management (formal & informal), conflict resolution etc.
- Line management of the staff team, through various forms of communication, including individual annual appraisal and staff team meetings
- To support staff through conflict resolution, effective time management, workload prioritisation and individual staff development
- Ensure good working relationships with all internal departments.
- Ensure employees are following company policies and procedures.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of a Hotel Head of Reception, please click APPLY below to register your interest!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.