Our client, one of the countries premier luxury hotels, is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join their already established team to ensure the continued seamless delivery across a variety of duties reporting directly to the Assistant and Chief Engineers.
As a technical specialist you will manage repairs, either in person or through subcontractors, respond to daily engineering issues and perform proactive routine maintenance and equipment inspection, being fully aware of Health & Safety legislation.
- Provide engineering expertise and services across the hotel to enable a 24/7 operation
- Liaise with the Housekeeping & Engineering Coordinator to prioritise jobs and provide feedback on status of repairs and time required to perform the job.
- Act as a rapid response resource to reported faults and emergency situations
- Participate in engineering projects and installations
-Perform planned preventative maintenance and proactive routine equipment inspection to ensure minimal down time of operational equipment
- Conduct routine equipment checks in guest rooms - and conduct routine repairs & touch ups to meet technical requirements & Hotel service goals
- Assess & identify any complex or potential technical maintenance or operating issues in Guest rooms, and report to Head of Engineering
- Offer support & advise to floor teams for fault diagnosis in technical equipment/systems, to ensure effective operation & minimal disruption
- Ensure the effective operation of all technical equipment in designated area
- Operate all equipment in a safe & effective manner & ensure compliance to relevant legislative and health & safety requirements
- To act as a team player & provide effective day-day communication with Floor team & other Hotel colleagues in order to provide exceptional engineering services
- Manage the logistics of working across 240 acres
- Support in the maintenance of staff accommodation
- Working within the shift rota as part of the engineering team
Health & Safety
- Comply with all statutory and company health and safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
- Ensure job required certificates are kept up to date
Successful candidates will have:
Essentials- ONC/HNC or City & Guilds Building Services- Building Services & controls- BMS controls - Heating & air conditioning equipment - General equipment functioning - plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical & TV controls- Problem solving - Customer Service - Computer literate- Flexible attitude
Desirables- Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering- Electrical or Mechanical apprentice- Health & Safety - Risk and method statements
Please note, accommodation cannot be provided and due to it's location applicants must have their own transport. The property is not serviced by public transport.
- Electrical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job