Hotel Engineering Technician
Our client, one of the countries premier luxury hotels, is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join their already established team to ensure the continued seamless delivery across a variety of duties reporting directly to the Assistant and Chief Engineers.
As a technical specialist you will manage repairs, either in person or through subcontractors, respond to daily engineering issues and perform proactive routine maintenance and equipment inspection, being fully aware of Health & Safety legislation.
- Provide engineering expertise and services across the hotel to enable a 24/7 operation
- Liaise with the Housekeeping & Engineering Coordinator to prioritise jobs and provide feedback on status of repairs and time required to perform the job.
- Act as a rapid response resource to reported faults and emergency situations
- Participate in engineering projects and installations
-Perform planned preventative maintenance and proactive routine equipment inspection to ensure minimal down time of operational equipment
- Conduct routine equipment checks in guest rooms - and conduct routine repairs & touch ups to meet technical requirements & Hotel service goals
- Assess & identify any complex or potential technical maintenance or operating issues in Guest rooms, and report to Head of Engineering
- Offer support & advise to floor teams for fault diagnosis in technical equipment/systems, to ensure effective operation & minimal disruption
- Ensure the effective operation of all technical equipment in designated area
- Operate all equipment in a safe & effective manner & ensure compliance to relevant legislative and health & safety requirements
- To act as a team player & provide effective day-day communication with Floor team & other Hotel colleagues in order to provide exceptional engineering services
- Manage the logistics of working across 240 acres
- Support in the maintenance of staff accommodation
- Working within the shift rota as part of the engineering team
Health & Safety
- Comply with all statutory and company health and safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
- Ensure job required certificates are kept up to date
Successful candidates will have:
Essentials- ONC/HNC or City & Guilds Building Services- Building Services & controls- BMS controls - Heating & air conditioning equipment - General equipment functioning - plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical & TV controls- Problem solving - Customer Service - Computer literate- Flexible attitude
Desirables- Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering- Electrical or Mechanical apprentice- Health & Safety - Risk and method statements
Please note, accommodation cannot be provided and due to it's location applicants must have their own transport. The property is not serviced by public transport.
- Electrical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job